White supremacy sucks!” “Political correctness sucks!” “Nationalism sucks!” “Liberalism sucks!”
After the noise, then what?
How about this?
- You get together with 6 to 10 of your family, friends, and neighbors, identified not by political perspective but by geographic proximity and a willingness to do so.
- You share a meal with each other–preparation, eating, clean up
- You share your fears and concerns with one another, one person speaking at a time.
- You share your hopes and dreams with one another, one person speaking at a time.
- You list 10 values and principles you have in common with one another.
- You go out for ice cream or take a selfie.
- You repeat with others!
No name calling, no deep diving policy discussion, no disparaging of these people or those people.
Instead: Listening, Inquiry, Transparency, Empowerment